Getting Congressional help with your VA claim

If you’ve been getting the run-around from the VA and your VSO doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere, contacting Congress can get the wheels turning.

To contact your U.S. Senator or Representative, go to Project Vote Smart, and click on “Complete Contact Information” once you get to your senator’s or representative’s page. Let them know about the trouble you’ve been having with the VA and they will assign someone to look into your case.

Sometimes help from your senator or representative is not enough. If they are not on one of the veterans’ affiars committees, you may also need to contact senators or representatives that are on the veterans’ affairs comittees.

Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee

Click on the tab that says “VA Benefits Claims Process.” You will get:

  • information on the VA disability process,
  • a list of the Senators who serve on the Veterans Affairs Committee, and
  • contact information so you can get assistance with your claim.

The House of Representatives Veterans’ Affairs Committee

You will find:

  • information about VA,
  • a description of the benefits that are available, and
  • information about how to get help with your claim.
If you’d like to talk to an attorney about your VA case, please contact us via e-mail, phone, or over the Internet. 

This blog is a public resource for general information. This blog and the materials provided in it have been prepared by Spencer Law Firm for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. No client or other reader should rely on, act on or refrain from acting based on information contained in this website without seeking appropriate legal or other professional advice.